Okay, so if you read what I posted a few blogs ago, you’ll know I’ve gained quite an amount of pounds this past year. Well, that or you just happened to look at me. Either or.
Regardless! I found this amazing gem of an application on my Droid (but I’m certain it’s available for iPhone too) called MyFitnessPal. Seriously, it’s amazing. First of all, it’s free. I’m not sure if it’s free on iPhone, because I know Angry Birds is free for Android, and if you have an iPhone you have to pay for it, so blah blah blah moving on.
Look at it. Just look. Amazing. (*By the way I found this screencap from the interwebz. My daily amount of calories is 1790 given I don’t do any physical activity.)
Let me give you the rundown:
- First you put in your stats: age, weight, goal weight, activity level, etc.
- From that, it calculates how many calories, fat, carbs, protein, fiber, vitamins, etc you should be eating every day.
- You search for whatever food you’ve eaten and most likely, it has it. It has a database of thousands of foods—it even had ANISE cookies when I looked it up the other day.
- It calculates the nutrition information from each thing you eat (not just calories!) and tells you what else you need to eat for the rest of the day. If you need ten more grams of fiber, it will tell you. If you ate a hundred too many milligrams of sodium, it will tell you.
- You can enter in workouts as well. The other day I walked for 30 minutes and it calculated how many calories I burned from doing that, along with adjusting my intake for the rest of the day.
- I love bullet points.
It’s been an eye-opener. While I was in Atlantic City yesterday, I bought butter toffee almonds. Yes, I understand “butter” and “toffee” probably should have given me a hint, but I really didn’t think they were as bad as they actually turned out to be. Try not to look down and guess how many calories a quarter pound of butter toffee almonds has.
Did you guess yet?
Seven-hundred and sixty.
Yeah. 760 calories in a 1/4lb of butter toffee almonds. That’s like, two handfuls. RIDIC. But, now I know. It’s so interesting actually finding out what’s in everything I’m eating now. And it’s not even like some tedious diet thing I have to fill out. It’s somehow fun.
For real real.
I found this survey on Quizopolis.com and decided to post it here because a) I was bored and b) It’s about Christmas.
*Sung to the tune of…you know, that song.
I don’t know why I’m compelled to blog lately. The spirit of xanga is haunting me. Let’s sing “blog” to the tune of various songs:
“Blog blog baby blog blog blog.”
-Hit me baby one more time.
“Bloggy bloggy bloggy bloggy baby, blog, blog, bloggin’ blog bloggin’ blog.”
-I’m a genie in a bottle baby, come ,come, come on and let me out.
“Blog blog, blog blog, blog blog bloggy bloggin’ blog.”
-My neck, my back, lick my p**** and my crack.
Wasn’t that fun?
I have 116 DVDs not counting multi-disc things (series/TV shows).
They are as listed (alphabetically):